Thursday 2 June 2011

RSO Day 4! [June 2, 2011]

Day 4 of my time at RSO was a fulfilling and wonderful day. We started out the day performing MMR ("Measles, Mumps, and Rubella") vaccinations for UKG and Standard 1 and 2 students - about 50 students in total! I was so excited to give my first vaccination (poor child!) but I am proud to report that it went very well and my patient is alive and healthy! We then spent the afternoon performing a "safety check" of the RSO campus and taught a health class for tennage girls in the afternoon. We also assembled medical kits for our visit to Angapradesh from Monday to Tuesday night, which consisted of gauze, soap, and many other necessities for maintenance of their condition.


In the evening we went to playtime as usual - one of my little friends, Revmah, had a small "accident" on me - oops! Some of the girls suggested perhaps she was "marking her territory" - if so, I wish she had picked a different method of doing so! However, it is a very small price to pay for the happiness and joy she brings me every day. :) In the evening we had a "dance party" for our 18 boys to various Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and David Archuleta songs. The kids loved it and were so excited! I then sang them to sleep, and was thrilled to see them finally asleep by the third one.


Tomorrow we will go to a leprosy colony. I am excited to see how we can help out! Can't wait to blog about it tomorrow. :)

Me, Revnah, and Karthik!
And yes, Revnah is picking her nose. Lovely.

Brenen with the kids! He'll be here for 4 months teaching English.

CJ and Aravind!
CJ was here from January-May and has returned for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment